When it comes to style there are two types of people; The Trendsetter and the Fashion Follower. It is quite cool to know what celebrities are wearing and what's in at the moment but should we follow these trends blindly or do we adapt them to fit our own personal lifestyles? A fashion trend setter enjoys putting fashion pieces together in a way that is different, fresh and new. They always grab the attention of others because of their unique style. They are daring, creative, imaginative, but yet original when it comes to fashion. A trend setter always has followers as they are highly admired for their great fashion sense.
A fashion trend follower looks toward others for the next big fashion move. They appreciate the fashion ideas of trend setters and will create those same ideas with their own wardrobe.
Fashion trend setters set the do's and don'ts of fashion while fashion trend followers look for the next fashion do or fashion don't. Whether a person is taking the fashion scene by surprise with their interesting creations or wearing the latest pieces seen on their favorite entertainer is still their own form of expression. It's okay to be either a fashion trend setter or a fashion trend follower as long as a person is comfortable, exude confidence and enjoy what they are wearing.
Street style is usually the mix of both but those who usually catch out attention are those who have their own unique take on clothes
Being stylish consists of a complete package and goes beyond what you're wearing. Here are a few pointers to know if you are a fashion follow or fashion trendsetter.
· Usually the first to wear a new trend and come up with fresh ideas on how to style them
· Confident enough to try out of the box combinations and creative in their sartorial choices.
· They are extroverted and outgoing and do not mind the occasional negative glance
· Shop in specialty stores like vintage boutiques.
· They strive to be different from everyone else. Staying true to being individual and unique and remain trendy and classy without looking crazy and ridiculous
· usually wait for trends to become popular before joining the fashionable crowd.
· Sticks to so called fashion rules and would never venture outside those confines
· Shy and reserved. likes to play safe and prefers blending in with the crowd
· Shops in popular shops where everyone is buying the latest trendy items
· Sometimes fall prey to being fashion victims as they would wear clothes because they are in vogue rather than wear what fits their body types.
It is said that a beautiful woman is one that is confident in the way she looks and feels. Feeling confident comes in truly loving what you look like in the moment. Wearing clothes that fit you properly provides comfort, accessorizing those clothes with something that makes you smile when you take that final look in the mirror, gives you the confidence you need which intern translates to beautiful. Forget the term “less is more”, the new term is “more is more”, stack gold necklaces on top of each other, stack a few bands on top of your engagement ring, add bangles on top of charm bracelets and cover a few fingers with large cocktail rings. You are today’s Marilyn Monroe, you are diva!
A trend is a style set by someone that gets followed by many, be the one, not the many. Be the person that understands what makes you comfortable, what makes you feel sexy, what really fits your style and follow it. Don’t ignore the popular trends out there, pick and choose the little pieces and ideas that you can translate into something you call your own.
Remember, you are beautiful, love the skin you’re in, dare to be different but most importantly, dare to be comfortable and confident, your comfort and your confidence is what makes you a trend setter not a follower.